pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Petrescu <apetr...@gmail.com>
Subject PDFBox on Google App Engine
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 23:59:38 GMT
Hey guys,

I've been looking around online and doing a lot of experimentation around
running PDFBox on a Google App Engine instance, to:

a) Parse some PDFs and get text location information
b) Generate images from the PDF

I have this working locally, but on the instance, I've been running into a
long series of problems. I've overcome the  issues with all the parts of
PDFBox that try to write temporary files by replacing those with a
RandomAccessBuffer, but now GAE is complaining that it can't load
non-whitelisted classes like java.awt.Color (!!) I've seen some conflicting
reports online about whether it's possible to get this to work, so I thought
I'd ask here before I begin investigating what it would entail to rip out
all of java.awt from PDFBox: has anyone had any success running this on GAE
before? If so, do you have any code or guidance to share?

Thanks :)
-Adrian