pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gary Wong <gwon...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox capabilities
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:15:31 GMT
Hey Jeremias,

Thanks for the advice.

Currently, the DB is just text and links to graphics that have been
uploaded. No
XSL. I am new to this, is it normally (or supposed to be) XSL?

FOP looks pretty good but I will have to think about it a bit more; since I
don't know much about XSL and how to do this on the fly.

I am helping out for a bunch of 50 yr old seniors. I was hoping to not have
the
"user" do to much. Just:

   - click on an image
   - opens a html to browse (which hits the DB)
   - possibly select multiple elements to d/l and then either:
      - generate PDF into tmpdir and ready for download
      - have user select download
   - PDF would be to email to other people

I am not sure what is normally done. I guess what I am confused at what is
the
best way to generate the PDF? And I was told PDFBox could do it for me.

Thanks!