pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From onkelpax-...@yahoo.de
Subject AW: Question about Java 1.4
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:53:13 GMT
If there's no possibility to get PDFBox run with Java 1.4 you might check these alternatives:
http://java-source.net/open-source/pdf-libraries

--- David Sills <DSills@datasourceinc.com> schrieb am Sa, 29.1.2011:

Von: David Sills <DSills@datasourceinc.com>
Betreff: Question about Java 1.4
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Datum: Samstag, 29. Januar, 2011 14:48 Uhr

All:

I'm a complete newbie at PDFBox (and despite more ten years of working
in Java, haven't actually had that much experience with printing in Java
at all). I am assigned to a project for the Gov'ment that unfortunately
is confined to JDK 1.4.2. The project has recently been extended to need
PDF printing capability. I read on the documentation that JDK 1.5 is
needed for PDFBox.

Hence my questions:

1.    Is there an older version of PDFBox, perchance, that doesn't
have this requirement?
2.    If not, has anyone a suggestion for something I can use that
might help?

BTW, for the moment, the only requirement I have is for sending an
already-created PDF document to a printer.

Many thanks!

David Sills