pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Print Text Locations
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:22:21 GMT
Hi,

Am 28.01.2011 23:32, schrieb Zach Hawkins:
> Hello All,
>
> Since this has been such a common question, I felt as though I should
> share the code I used to extend the PDFTextStripper class to also have
> PDFTextLocations and PDFTextLocationsByArea classes (in PDFBox 1.2.1
> because of extraction issues in the more recent versions where line
> breaks were not being created where they needed to be). These two should
> make it much easier to determine the text locations and perform PDF
> modifications afterwards. I designed them to be used just like the
> parent classes to which they belong. Hopefully it helps someone because
> it took me a while to re-learn enough java to get through this. Code
> below (maybe someone would like to add it to the project):
<SNIP>
Thanks for the contribution. Please create an issue on JIRA [1] and attach your
code as patch (diff against the latest svn version) to it. Don't forget to check
the box, which grants a license to the ASF.

Thanks in advance.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX