pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Printing not seeing ebedded fonts
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:17:43 GMT
Hi,

Am 21.01.2011 19:22, schrieb Thomas D Lynema:
> I am having a similar issue to the one that appears to be addressed with jira PDFBOX-516.
>
> The message being logged from a call to print the PDDocument is as follows:
>
> 2011-01-21 12:48:36,580 WARN org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDSimpleFont  - Changing
font on<w>  from<Arial>  to the default font
> 2011-01-21 12:48:36,995 WARN org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDSimpleFont  - Changing
font on<N>  from<Arial Bold>  to the default font

> The fonts are embedded in the pdf.  Running the pdffonts command gives the following:
>
> name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
> ------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
> BAAAAA+ArialMT                       TrueType          yes yes yes     24  0
> CAAAAA+Arial-BoldMT                  TrueType          yes yes yes     29  0
> DAAAAA+TimesNewRomanPSMT             TrueType          yes yes yes     19  0
> Helvetica                            Type 1            no  no  no       8  0
> Helvetica-Bold                       Type 1            no  no  no       5  0
>
> Perhaps the code isn't looking for ArialMT?  Is there a way to change this behavior without
having to load the ttf files?
Without having a hand on the pdf in question it's just a guess, but I think your
issue might be related to PDFBOX-490. PDFBox can't read the embedded TTF subsets
and falls back to Arial/Arial Bold. Because of some encoding issue (???) PDFBox
falls back again to another font, the default font.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler