pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chojecki <i...@rayman2200.de>
Subject Re: Signature field
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:05:21 GMT
Zitat von MALET Vincent <vincent.malet@infotel.com>:

> Hello,
Hi Vincent,

> I would like to know if it is possible to add multiple signature
> fields into an existing PDF document using PDFBOX

technicaly it is possible, but you can only use one at a time for signing.

> I've seen the
> org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.digitalsignature.PDSignature
> class which helps managing one digital signature per document but no
> information about adding a signature field as it is explained here :
> http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/acrobat/articles/acr8at_signpdf.html

as you said, you don't need the signature dictionary (PDSignature). A
signature field[1] / annontation[2] that you link with the page is all
you need. The field and the annotation can be merged as described in [1]

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent

Best Regards
Thomas

All Chapters you can find inside the PDF Specification
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf

[1] 12.7.1 Interactive Forms
[2] 12.5.6.19 Widget Annotations