pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: PDF/A preflight with PDFBOX : open source implementation
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:28:27 GMT
Very, very cool, Guillaume! I hope I'll have some time soon, to take a
look and give some feedback. I was involved with adding PDF/A support to
Apache FOP and I always wished we had the validation side, too. Would
you consider donating the code to Apache to include it in Apache PDFBox?
I think the feature would be a great addition to PDFBox.

On 31.12.2010 11:14:56 Guillaume Bailleul wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Because we did not find any open implementation, we developed an API based
> on pdfbox and javacc to validate pdf/a documents.
> This software, called PADAF, is distributed under apache 2 licence.
>
> Current version can be found here :
> https://github.com/gba-awl/padaf
> And first lines of documentation, here :
> https://github.com/gba-awl/padaf/wiki
>
> This implementation is compliant with all the isartor test suite.
>
> To be able to pass all the tests, we had to make some modifications on
> pdfbox (mostly fontbox), and we did it on pdfbox 1.1.0. The patch is
> packaged with sources. Since that 'fork', most of the modifications were
> reported in the main project : Eric Leleu pushed our modifications on pdfbox
> jira. There is a little work to do change to pdfbox 1.4.
>
> Feel free to test and use it !
> We are waiting for feedbacks.
>
> Guillaume Bailleul

Jeremias Maerki