pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From A...@swmc.com
Subject Re: editing, moving comments and bookmarks?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:01:50 GMT
First, let me make sure I understand your goals correctly.  You have PDF 1
which has annotations and you want to make a copy all the annotations over
to PDF 2.  If we can't figure that out, then the next best thing would be
to make bookmarks with named destinations with the text from the
annotation and have them point to the exact location where the annotation
was located.  Sound about right?

Well, I've never done anything with annotations, but assuming you can
iterate over them and get the text and location, it should be pretty
simple to build a document outline.  Hesham had a few nice posts on named
destinations which included some sample code.  Here's an example:
http://markmail.org/message/nbml3fzsdjn5kvbh (or just search the mailing
lists for "named destinations").  I haven't done any named destinations
with PDFBox, but I read up on ISO32000 to help Hesham, so I'm pretty good
at looking at the raw data with a text editor and tracing through to see
how everything is laid out and why it is or is not working.

----
Thanks,
Adam