pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "T. Groch" <t.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Edit existing PDF
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:48:35 GMT
Hi Adam,

thank you for that tip. In the meantime I managed to get that List of
PDPages, too. But when I change a PDPage it will be empty (except the text I
put in it).

Code:
PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(fileFoo);
PDDocumentCatalog cat = doc.getDocumentCatalog();
List list = cat.getAllPages();
PDPage page = (PDPage) list.get(0);
PDFont font = PDType1Font.HELVETICA_BOLD;
PDPageContentStream cs = new PDPageContentStream(doc, page);
cs.beginText();
cs.setFont(font, 10);
cs.moveTextPositionByAmount(100, 761);
cs.drawString("Hans Wurst");
cs.endText();
cs.close();
doc.save("c:\\foo.pdf");

So, I have the String "Hans Wurst" on the first page, but the original
content is gone. It's just a blank page with the string.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tobias