pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Brown <kb1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: editing, moving comments and bookmarks?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:33:45 GMT
Is this a nutty idea?

A pdf has a named destination for each section and subsection. I have a new
one and an old one. The goal is to as much as possible, transfer the
annotations from the old one to the new one.

In the old one, I use pdfbox to, for each pdannotation, get page number. I
use this to find the closest named destination above the annotation.

I get that page number

I use the info to copy the annotation to the closest named destination in
the new pdf.