pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Max Gravitt <mgrav...@me.com>
Subject Re: IOException with PDFParser
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 14:13:58 GMT
Great, thanks.  Question for the community - Has the latest version of PDFBox been altered
to work Google App Engine?  If so, how can I adopt it?

thanks
MG

On Nov 2, 2010, at 9:30 PM, Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Am 03.11.10 01:52, schrieb Max Gravitt:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I should have clarified the question.  I am using this version because I am running
the library on Google App Engine and this is the version that is compatible.  If I can't make
this older version compatible with the new PDFs, is there a way to retrofit the most recent
version to Google App engine?
> PDFBox was improved a lot since it came to apache. So there will be some differences
compared to older versions, but there are also a lot of technical aspects which are still
the same.
> As I'm not a GAE expert I can't answer your question in detail, but I know from other
users that pdfbox has to be altered to work with in the GAE.

> BR
> Andreas Lehmkühler
>
>> On Nov 2, 2010, at 8:37 PM, Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

email.  I continually get the below exception with these types of files.  Does anyone have
thoughts on the root cause and if there is any workaround?

>>> According to the stack trace you're using a quite old (non-apache) version of
pdfbox. I suggest to update to a more recent version from [1]