pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Max Gravitt <mgrav...@me.com>
Subject Re: IOException with PDFParser
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 00:52:40 GMT
Hi,

I should have clarified the question.  I am using this version because I am running the library
on Google App Engine and this is the version that is compatible.  If I can't make this older
version compatible with the new PDFs, is there a way to retrofit the most recent version to
Google App engine?

thanks!
MG

On Nov 2, 2010, at 8:37 PM, Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 03.11.10 01:32, schrieb Max Gravitt:
>> Hi,
>> I recently started to attempt to parse faxes that are PDF'd and sent via email.
I continually get the below exception with these types of files.  Does anyone have thoughts
on the root cause and if there is any workaround?
>> thanks,
>> MG
>>
>> IOException
>> expected='endobj' firstReadAttempt='' secondReadAttempt='' org.pdfbox.io.PushBackInputStream@d2f5f1
>> org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser; parseObject; 502
>> org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser; parse; 176
>> org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument; load; 707
>> com.josiejune.documentdispatch.models.Document$DocumentParser; getPDFContents; 245
> According to the stack trace you're using a quite old (non-apache) version of pdfbox.
I suggest to update to a more recent version from [1]