pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: IOException with PDFParser
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 01:30:50 GMT
Hi,

Am 03.11.10 01:52, schrieb Max Gravitt:
> Hi,
>
> I should have clarified the question.  I am using this version because I am running the
library on Google App Engine and this is the version that is compatible.  If I can't make
this older version compatible with the new PDFs, is there a way to retrofit the most recent
version to Google App engine?
PDFBox was improved a lot since it came to apache. So there will be some
differences compared to older versions, but there are also a lot of
technical aspects which are still the same.
As I'm not a GAE expert I can't answer your question in detail, but I
know from other users that pdfbox has to be altered to work with in the GAE.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

> On Nov 2, 2010, at 8:37 PM, Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 03.11.10 01:32, schrieb Max Gravitt:
>>> Hi,
>>> I recently started to attempt to parse faxes that are PDF'd and sent via email.
 I continually get the below exception with these types of files.  Does anyone have thoughts
on the root cause and if there is any workaround?
>>> thanks,
>>> MG
>>>
>>> IOException
>>> expected='endobj' firstReadAttempt='' secondReadAttempt='' org.pdfbox.io.PushBackInputStream@d2f5f1
>>> org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser; parseObject; 502
>>> org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser; parse; 176
>>> org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument; load; 707
>>> com.josiejune.documentdispatch.models.Document$DocumentParser; getPDFContents;
245
>> According to the stack trace you're using a quite old (non-apache) version of pdfbox.
I suggest to update to a more recent version from [1]