pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chojecki <i...@rayman2200.de>
Subject Re: Digital signature with PDFBox?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:48:20 GMT
Hi Ken,
there is no specification. Just one interface with this one method
that shall be implemented. The whole logic behind this method and the
class which implement it, lays on the user side. The user has the
freedom to use his own crypto library for signing.

I just wrote an incremental update, wrote some new classes and made
additional implementations for existing classes like PDSignature.

The real signing implementation is closed source, but if i got some
time, i can explane how it work with BouncyCastle for simple signatures.

So if this code will be published soon, the user can't sign without a
working implementation. But it's not so hard to create cms signatures
with e.g. BouncyCastle.

Best regards,
Thomas