pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Scholtz, ArgonSoft GmbH" <escho...@argonsoft.de>
Subject Problem with multiple fonts in a newly created document
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:57:55 GMT
Hi,

at the moment I'm trying to build a new pdf file with pdfbox (Vers.
1.2.1 / JVM 1.6.0) from the scratch. Unfortunatly, I'm getting errors
when trying to embed fonts: The generated document does not look correct
under "Apple Preview", when opening with "Acrobat" an error ("value for
/Widths is wrong") is shown, but the look of the file is as expected [1].

I tried with several TTFs - all time the same error. I think the fonts
are ok and it must be a mistake by my own.
Can anyone please point me an example where to see how multiple TTFs are
used correctly?

Here is the code I'm using:

PDDocument document = new PDDocument();
PDPage page = new PDPage(PDPage.PAGE_SIZE_A4);
document.addPage( page );

PDTrueTypeFont fontBold = PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(document,
"DroidSans-Bold.ttf");
PDTrueTypeFont fontRegular = PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(document,
"DroidSans.ttf");

PDPageContentStream contentStream = new PDPageContentStream(document, page);
contentStream.drawLine(18, 747, 580, 747);

contentStream.setFont(fontRegular, 14);
contentStream.beginText();
contentStream.setTextTranslation(20, 750);
contentStream.drawString("Ihr Vorteil durch");

contentStream.setFont(fontBold, 12);
contentStream.setTextTranslation(20, 725);
contentStream.drawString("Pers\u00F6nliche Berechnung f\u00FCr:");

contentStream.setTextTranslation(20, 710);
contentStream.drawString("Bernd Mustermann");

contentStream.endText();
contentStream.close();

document.save(file);
document.close();