pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fischer...@aon.at>
Subject Re: pdfbox not working for my pdf file.
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 06:57:19 GMT
Hi,

I've been testing PDFBox on a number of different (mathematical) PDF files, and my experience
shows that PDFBox works in principle on all PDF files that are not image based, with some
specific errors depending on the the type and creation of the file. If you create a PDF file
by binding images together then this file can't be read by PDFBox.
An easy test is to try to copy text from your file using any PDF reader, e.g. Adobe's. If
you can copy text, PDFBox should be able to read it.

Cheers
Thomas

Am 09.12.2009 um 13:38 schrieb <shalini.popuri@wipro.com>:

> Hi,
> Can pdfbox works for all types of pdf files??
> My pdf file size is 6MB.But its not working fine with
> PDFTextStripper...ie...stripperobject.getText(doc);
> its not working fine....
> please let me know whether this can be used for all types of pdf files?
> if not,How one can decide whether a particular file is compatible with
> pdfbox??
> Thanks in advance....!

of this message and any attachments.