pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Linskey <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject PDFBox + C# + generating images of PDF pages
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:18:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm using PDFBox from a C# app via IKVM. Stripping the text out of a
PDF works great, but I've been unable to render a page as an image.

I'm using PDFBox 0.7.3 with IKVM 0.40.0.1; I built my own FontBox and
PDFBox DLLs as outlined below [1]. My test script fails with a
NotImplementedException [2].

Does anyone know if I should expect PDFBox + IKVM to be able to
generate images of pages? If so, does anything jump out as
particularly wrong about my configuration, or do you have any pointers
to a happy configuration?

Thanks,

-Patrick

[1] DLL build process:

references="-reference:IKVM.AWT.WinForms.dll -
reference:IKVM.OpenJDK.Core.dll -reference:IKVM.OpenJDK.Misc.dll -
reference:IKVM.OpenJDK.SwingAWT.dll -reference:IKVM.OpenJDK.Text.dll -
reference:IKVM.OpenJDK.Util.dll"

ikvmc $references -target:library -out:FontBox.dll FontBox-0.1.0-dev.jar
ikvmc -target:library -reference:FontBox.dll -out:PDFBox.dll
PDFBox-0.7.3.jar

[2] NotImplementedException:
Test method PdfViewerTests.TextOnlyPdfToImage threw exception:
System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not
implemented..
org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDPage aPage,
PDResources resources, COSStream cosStream)
org.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDPage aPage,
PDResources resources, COSStream cosStream)
org.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer.drawPage(Graphics g, PDPage p,
Dimension pageDimension)
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPage.convertToImage()
ClaimCharter.View.Pdf.PdfPagePanel.PageToBytes() in C:\Users\admin
\Desktop\document-charter\client\ClaimCharter\View\Pdf
\PDFPagePanel.cs: line 49
ClaimCharter.View.Pdf.PdfPagePanel.SetPage(PDPage pdfPage) in C:\Users
\admin\Desktop\document-charter\client\ClaimCharter\View\Pdf
\PDFPagePanel.cs: line 37
ClaimCharterTestProject.Pdf.PdfViewerTests.TextOnlyPdfToImage() in C:
\Users\admin\Desktop\document-charter\client\ClaimCharterTestProject
\Pdf\PdfViewerTests.cs: line 75

FTR, when I tried the same test with the DLLs that ship with PDFBox
0.7.3 (linked against GNU Classpath), I get an
UnsupportedOperationException:

Test method PdfViewerTests.AllTextPdfToImage threw exception:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: type not implemented
yet.java.awt.image.BufferedImage..ctor(Int32 w, Int32 h, Int32 type)
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPage.convertToImage()
ClaimCharter.View.Pdf.PdfPagePanel.PageToBytes() in C:\Users\admin
\Desktop\document-charter\client\ClaimCharter\View\Pdf
\PDFPagePanel.cs: line 49
ClaimCharter.View.Pdf.PdfPagePanel.SetPage(PDPage pdfPage) in C:\Users
\admin\Desktop\document-charter\client\ClaimCharter\View\Pdf
\PDFPagePanel.cs: line 37
ClaimCharterTestProject.Pdf.PdfViewerTests.AllTextPdfToImage() in C:

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907