pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fischer...@aon.at>
Subject Re: help ReplaceString.java
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:02:36 GMT
Hello,

thanks to all.
But

 ant get.externallibs

doesn't do anything for me ("Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!").
What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded

bcmail-jdk16-144.jar and
bcprov-jdk16-144.jar

from the Bouncy Castle Website (http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html)
and put it into my classpath; with this the file went through.
Alas, again all diacritic characters and all other special characters are lost.

I'm not really into Java programming and want to use this only as a tool (and test its capacity
for my purposes).
I started out with
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/pdfbox/pdfbox/binaries/pdfbox-0.8.0-incubating.jar
and realise now I should have used the self-contained version (although I'm not sure if I
wouldn't have needed additional logging methods anyway).

Should I use that or rather stick to the Java 1.6 versions? (I have java version "1.6.0_17".)

All the best
Thomas