pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ernesto De Santis <eds_li...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: pdfbox not working for my pdf file.
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:58:58 GMT
Hi,

I've a pdf file that pdfbox cant read. Pdfbox read it without errors,
but the output is only in an estrange format, like codes. Always a 'a'
letter and two numbers: a34 a85 a94 a92......

I reported it as a bug time ago, without news about it.

My file was generated with a latex, I use Kile editor in ubuntu OS.
This is the bug issue:

Regards,
Ernesto.

users-digest-help@pdfbox.apache.org escribió:

> Re: pdfbox not working for my pdf file.
> De:
> Thomas Fischer <fischer.th@aon.at>
> Fecha:
> Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:57:19 +0100
> Para:
> users@pdfbox.apache.org
>
> Para:
> users@pdfbox.apache.org
>

> Hi,
>
> I've been testing PDFBox on a number of different (mathematical) PDF files, and my experience
shows that PDFBox works in principle on all PDF files that are not image based, with some
specific errors depending on the the type and creation of the file. If you create a PDF file
by binding images together then this file can't be read by PDFBox.
> An easy test is to try to copy text from your file using any PDF reader, e.g. Adobe's.
If you can copy text, PDFBox should be able to read it.

> Cheers
> Thomas
>
> Am 09.12.2009 um 13:38 schrieb <shalini.popuri@wipro.com>:
>

>> Hi,
>> Can pdfbox works for all types of pdf files??
>> My pdf file size is 6MB.But its not working fine with
>> PDFTextStripper...ie...stripperobject.getText(doc);
>> its not working fine....
>> please let me know whether this can be used for all types of pdf files?
>> if not,How one can decide whether a particular file is compatible with
>> pdfbox??
>> Thanks in advance....!
>>
>> Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
>>
>> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

>> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability