pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox and barcode fonts
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 07:09:38 GMT
Hi Alex,

Alex Reichman wrote:

> Dear Andreas,
>
> I saw your thread on markmail.org and I have one question to ask you
> regarding PdfBox.
>
> We are using Pdfbox.-0.7.4 for sending the PDF file to client printer
> when printing from Oracle Reports 11g.
> When I am adding alias mapping for barcode font C39P24DmTt =
> "V100025_.TTF" I am getting the following error:
>
> Java code
>
> while (setInt.hasNext()) {
>
>                         String val = (String)setInt.next();
>
>                         write_message("Before cast");
>
> *PDType1Font pdt = (PDType1Font)map.get(val); //  error is here!!!!!*
>
>        write_message("After cast");
>
>                         write_message("'"+val+"
> "+pdt.getFontDescriptor().getFontName()+"'");
>
>                         // write_message("Printing after cast " +
> "'"+val+" "+pdt.getFontDescriptor().getFontName()+"'");
>
>                         PDFont currFont =
> this.loadFontByName(document,pdt.getFontDescriptor().getFontName(),val);
>
>                         if(currFont != null)
>
>                         {
> currentPage.findResources().getFonts().put(val,currFont);
>                         }
>
>                     }
>
> Error
>
> DEBUG MESSAGE DirectPrint24: Map is:
> {F1=org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font@91d7c,
> F0=org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font@6ee404,
> F2=org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font@3bfc47}
>
> DEBUG MESSAGE DirectPrint24: org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font cannot
> be cast to org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font
>

> It looks like this font is not recognizable.
>

> Any help or advice  will be much appreciated.
You're obviously expecting a type1 font but your pdf contains type0 fonts.
Consequently your PDType1Font-cast has to throw an exception.
I suggest to upgrade pdfbox to the 0.8-version [1]. It includes a lot of
improvements and fixes, probably your alias mapping will not be needed anymore.

> Thanks,
> Alex * <http://www.syncreon.com/>*
Please use our mailinglist [2] for further questions. I've cc'd my answer to the
users list.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.html