pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Highlighting, Zoom, and Text Search
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 06:55:34 GMT
Hi,

Patrick Herber wrote:
> Hello David
>
> I'm not really an expert of PDFBox...
>
> I can tell you that text search is possible (I use it for text-extraction)
AFAIK there are 2 possible solutions:

- extract the text with [1] and just search in the result for your self
- use the integrated lucene search engine [2]

> Highlighting seams also possible:
> http://pdfbox.apache.org/userguide/highlighting.html
>
> Zooming I don't know...
> You could perhaps first convert the page as image
> (PDPage.convertToImage()) and than you can zoom the image...
Have a look at the PDFREader [3]. It's a simple PDF doucument reader. It uses
PDPage.convertToImage() to create an image for each page. It should be easy to
add zooming using Java2D.

> Best regards,
> Patrick
>

> David Myers wrote:
>> Can anyone help me with these questions?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://pdfbox.apache.org/commandlineutilities/ExtractText.html
[2]