pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Venkatesh Prasad <venkatesh.pra...@trv.envestnet.com>
Subject RE: renaming a field and not able to set value to the saved PDF document ...
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 06:59:01 GMT
Mr. Andreas,

Thanks for responding to my mail. I am using PDFBox-0.7.3 version. I will explain what I want
to do.

1. I have a PDF Document with Fields and let us call this 'Source_Original.PDF'. The field
names in this PDF document have to be renamed and stored as 'Source_Target.PDF'. I then have
to set/change the values of form-fields in 'Source_Target.PDF'.

The issue I am facing is given below:

1. I renamed the form fields in 'Source_Original.PDF" using the code given in my earlier mail
(below) and saved it as 'Source_Target.PDF'.
2. I checked the form fields in 'Source_Target.PDF" and form-fields were renamed correctly.
3. However when I tried to set/change values of form-fields in 'Source_Target.PDF' using PDFBox
code, I was not able to do so.

I used iText to set/change values of form-fields in 'Source_Target.PDF' and was successful.
But we want to use only PDFBox.

To summarize - We are not able to set/change values of form fields of a PDF Document whose
form-fields have been renamed. There is no issue if the form-fields are renamed manually using
Adobe Acrobat 9. The issue is only when the form-fields are renamed using PDFBox option -
setPartialName(newFieldName);

I hope I am clear or please let me know. I can send the 'Source_Original.PDF' and 'Source_Target.PDF'
if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh Prasad.B.K.