pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Wiell, Daniel (FOEL)" <Daniel.Wi...@fao.org>
Subject How stable is the trunk?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:43:58 GMT
The trunk contains some bug fixes that we need to deploy (e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-313).

However, I'm a bit concerned about its stability, as it currently fails a
number of unit tests:

Failed tests:
  testExtract(org.apache.pdfbox.util.TestTextStripper)

Tests in error:
  testProtectionError(org.apache.pdfbox.encryption.TestPublicKeyEncryption)
  testProtection(org.apache.pdfbox.encryption.TestPublicKeyEncryption)

testMultipleRecipients(org.apache.pdfbox.encryption.TestPublicKeyEncryption)
  testRenderImage(org.apache.pdfbox.util.TestPDFToImage)
  testFDFfdeb(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFPDFWithLotsOfFields(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFFreedomExpressions(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFfdeb(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFPDFWithLotsOfFields(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFFreedomExpressions(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFfdeb(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFPDFWithLotsOfFields(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)
  testFDFFreedomExpressions(org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.TestFDF)

What would the best approach be for us, apply the specific fixes to 0.7.3 or
to use the trunk?

Cheers,
Daniel