pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Wiell, Daniel (FOEL)" <Daniel.Wi...@fao.org>
Subject RE: How stable is the trunk?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:45:31 GMT
Thanks, I will use the trunk then.

I filed an issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-421) regarding
the failed tests.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 February 2009 13:34
To: pdfbox-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How stable is the trunk?

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Wiell, Daniel (FOEL) <Daniel.Wiell@fao.org>
wrote:
> The trunk contains some bug fixes that we need to deploy (e.g.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-313).
>
> However, I'm a bit concerned about its stability, as it currently
> fails a number of unit tests:

Oops, the encryption test failures could well be caused by some fixes I did
earlier. Can you file a bug report for that?

> What would the best approach be for us, apply the specific fixes to
> 0.7.3 or to use the trunk?

The current trunk is in many ways much better than the 0.7.3 release, so if
you in any case need to patch things, I would recommend going with the trunk.

We're currently working towards releasing the trunk as 0.8.0-incubating. See
the pdfbox-dev@ list for the progress.

BR,

Jukka Zitting