pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Bradley V. Stone" <bvst...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Someone with 0.8.0 willing to help?
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:49:39 GMT
> When I started with generating pdf documents I didn't understand the
> landscape stuff, too. But obviously it is as described:
>
> - mediabox with portrait parms
> - rotation with 90 degrees
> - everthing has to be rotated with a rotation-matrix Tm or cm command
>
> I'll send you a simple sample document, so that you'll have a suitable
> example for your implementation.
>
> Andreas

Not working as easy as I thought.  :)

0 12 -12 0 91.74 69.8905 Tm

This is the TM, and I understand what everything is, but for 12 and -12
(text rotation and text inclination) how are those numbers being derived?

I tried changing my Tm similarily and it messed something up because the
text no longer was visable in the document.  I changed my x,y to 0 and 0 for
left bottom, media box to portrait, and rotate to 90.  Then started playing
with rotation and inclination numbers.  1 and -1 made it look like 45
degrees, but the font got "bigger" and started going off the page.

The PDF spec really doesn't explain this so well, so I'm kinda stuck again.
:(