pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How stable is the trunk?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:34:08 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Wiell, Daniel (FOEL)
<Daniel.Wiell@fao.org> wrote:
> The trunk contains some bug fixes that we need to deploy (e.g.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-313).
>
> However, I'm a bit concerned about its stability, as it currently fails a
> number of unit tests:

Oops, the encryption test failures could well be caused by some fixes
I did earlier. Can you file a bug report for that?

> What would the best approach be for us, apply the specific fixes to 0.7.3 or
> to use the trunk?

The current trunk is in many ways much better than the 0.7.3 release,
so if you in any case need to patch things, I would recommend going
with the trunk.

We're currently working towards releasing the trunk as
0.8.0-incubating. See the pdfbox-dev@ list for the progress.

BR,

Jukka Zitting