pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Alan Kent <alan.james.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding sticky notes, audio comments, to a PDF document compatible with Acrobat
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 06:10:13 GMT
(Sorry if this is a duplicate - I originally sent it from wrong address,
not registered with mail server. I assume it got discarded as spam.
Resending from correct account as after several hours I have not seen my
message appear on the list.)

Hi,

I am new to this list.  I tried to search through the mail archives, but
could not find this particular query coming up before.

I am trying to understand the complexity of solving the following
problem using PDFbox (or any other technology!).

I wish to have a Java program that programatically manipulates a PDF
document to add Acrobat compatible sticky notes and audio comments to a
PDF file.  I believe it should be possible using Adobe Acrobat and OLE,
but this is a pain from Java.  I was hoping it was possible using your
library.

The situation is I have another system that generates comments.  I have
details like page number bit pixel offsets on the page for a note.  I
would like to add bitmap image and/or audio notes (and text at times) to
a PDF document in a way users are familiar with.  Compatible to Acrobat
would be good.

Is this something possible with the PDFbox library?

I found a reference (forgot to save the URL darn it!) talking about this
could be done in Acrobat 10 - the illustration given was for the
educational organizations marking student assignments and putting audio
comments onto the PDF document instead of just text.  Not sure what
level of PDF was required.

Thanks for any assistance!

Alan