pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Goldenberg <DGoldenb...@attivio.com>
Subject RE: PDF headers/footers?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:42:02 GMT
That's kind of what I suspected.  Although, in Acrobat, you can do Document->Add header
and footer and it really does allow you to add 3 header values (left, center, right) and 3
footer values (left, center, right).  I suspect they all get treated as text internally.
Or maybe not? ...

From: Jukka Zitting [jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 8:35 AM
To: pdfbox-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDF headers/footers?

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Dmitry Goldenberg
<DGoldenberg@attivio.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way in PDFBox to extract the headers and footers
> for a PDF document and if so, what it is (i.e. a code snippet would be much appreciated).

AFAIK that's not possible in general as (AFAIK) internally there is no
"header" or "footer" concept in the PDF format.

You could perhaps achieve something like that if you can manually (or
with some heuristics) specify the header and footer areas within a
page.

BR,

Jukka Zitting