pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Relocating git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 23:04:34 GMT

> Am 07.12.2018 um 22:56 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler <andreas@lehmi.de>:
>
> Am 07.12.18 um 18:39 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>> hi,
>> as announced earlier infra wil decomission git-wip-us.apache.org in favour of the
gitbox service. AFAIK we currently have four
>> repos there
>> # pdfbox-docs - our documentation
>> # pdfbox-examples - empty
>> # pdfbox-jbig2 - jbig2 subproject
>> # pdfbox-testfiles - build test files for jbig2
>> Although there is a voluntary period until January 9th (after which we need to move
wihtin a month) I'd propose to start right
>> away as this will give us more time.
> +1
>
>> I'd propse to move the doumentation first as it's not so critical if we loose some
of the commit information and after that
>> pdfbox-jbig2. pdfbox-examples can be retired.
> +1
>
>> WDYT?
> I somehow missed the announcement due to a suboptimal rule within my mailer ;-)
>
> @Maruan: are you going to handle this?

happy to handle that as soon as there is consensus
Maruan

> One more thing. I just saw that we need a documented consensus in the project. We should
simply start a vote once we have a plan on how to proceed (Maruan already proposed a good
one). IMHO lazy consensus should be sufficient.