pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Relocating git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 21:56:05 GMT
Am 07.12.18 um 18:39 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> hi,
>
> as announced earlier infra wil decomission git-wip-us.apache.org in favour of the gitbox
service. AFAIK we currently have four
> repos there
>
> # pdfbox-docs - our documentation
> # pdfbox-examples - empty
> # pdfbox-jbig2 - jbig2 subproject
> # pdfbox-testfiles - build test files for jbig2
>
> Although there is a voluntary period until January 9th (after which we need to move wihtin
a month) I'd propose to start right
> away as this will give us more time.
+1

> I'd propse to move the doumentation first as it's not so critical if we loose some of
the commit information and after that
> pdfbox-jbig2. pdfbox-examples can be retired.
+1

> WDYT?
I somehow missed the announcement due to a suboptimal rule within my mailer ;-)

@Maruan: are you going to handle this?

One more thing. I just saw that we need a documented consensus in the project.
We should simply start a vote once we have a plan on how to proceed (Maruan
already proposed a good one). IMHO lazy consensus should be sufficient.

Andreas