pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: repository for jai_imageio
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:00:42 GMT
It’s under a 3-clause BSD license, so yes. There’s an additional license for the JJ 2000
code which adds the non-open (according to the OSI definition) cause that the source/binary
license is only granted for "JPEG 2000 Standard conforming products”, which isn’t going
to be a problem for us, at least.

I have a fork here where the relevant licenses have been extracted from the source https://github.com/jahewson/jai-imageio-core
<https://github.com/jahewson/jai-imageio-core>

-- John

> On 30 Oct 2014, at 23:51, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Don't know if this is legal :-(
>
> Tilman
>
> Am 30.10.2014 um 23:14 schrieb John Hewson:
>> Could we push our own copy to e.g. maven central?
>>
>> -- John
>>
>>> On 30 Oct 2014, at 14:04, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> That one doesn't work... that is a link to maven central, to
>>> http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/sun/media/jai_imageio/1.1/
>>> and it has only the javadocs :-(
>>>
>>> Tilman

a repository because we don't want to have that file permanently in the build for legal reason.
So it is only temporarly loaded by maven for testing.