pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: PDF/A Knowledge
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 02:36:33 GMT
Does the PDF/A spec add anything beyond that sentence? As it’s already in the PDF spec.
The thing is, that the widths definitely do not match, but the file passes Adobe’s Preflight.

The only thing I can think of is that when the Widths entry has the glyph width as zero then
the glyph is never rendered, so it doesn’t matter that the width in the font is wrong -
but where
in the PDF (or indeed PDF/A) spec does it say that?

-- John

> On 1 Nov 2014, at 14:41, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
> For every font embedded in a conforming file, the glyph width information stored in the
Widths entry of the font dictionary and in the embedded font program shall be consistent.

> BR
>
> Maruan
>
> Am 01.11.2014 um 20:19 schrieb John Hewson <john@jahewson.com>:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Can anybody with PDF/A knowledge help out with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2442
as without a copy of the spec I’m blind.