pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Guillaume Bailleul (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (PDFBOX-1812) Illegal characters in XML output
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:35:22 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1812?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13871224#comment-13871224
] 

Guillaume Bailleul commented on PDFBOX-1812:
--------------------------------------------

I commited with r1558205 the possibility to choose if parser is lenient or not.

A set method can be called before parsing is done. With the default value, the parser remains
lenient. This default value is changed in Preflight parser.

I put that flag in NonSequentialParser, there is maybe some interest in moving it to PDFParser.

> Illegal characters in XML output
> --------------------------------
>
>                 Key: PDFBOX-1812
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1812
>             Project: PDFBox
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Preflight
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0
>         Environment: Bug reproduced under Win 7, Ubuntu
>            Reporter: Johan van der Knijff
>              Labels: characters, utf-8, xml
>             Fix For: 2.0.0
>
>         Attachments: 013814.pdf, 013814.xml, 013814_old.xml, 1812-additionalPDFs09012014.zip,
598659.pdf, 598659.xml, 598659_old.xml, 600111.pdf, 600111.xml, 600111_old.xml, preflight-app.jar
>
>
> When running Preflight in XML mode, the latest Preflight version (I used the JAR from
build #747) sometimes produces output that contains characters that are illegal in XML. This
can cause unexpected behavior if such files are further processed with tools that expect well-formed
XML.  See attached PDFs, which all result in illegal characters in the description of a 1.0
Syntax error, Error: Expected a long type. Output of older versions of Preflight didn't contain
these illegal characters; instead they would give something like *actual='/O'*, *actual='Pages'*.
etc. So I suppose this must have been caused by a fairly recent change.
> See attachments below.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1.5#6160)

Mime
View raw message