pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox Unit Tests
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 04:51:25 GMT
> Yes, it's pre-maven and yes, we should remove it if it's no longer needed.

The patch attached to PDFBOX-1825 does this and is ready to be applied. It leaves the PDFToImage
test disabled so there should be no issues applying the patch and closing PDFBOX-1825, there
are 11 passing tests which are currently not being run and should be!

> The PDFToImage test is a special one. It seems not to be deterministic. The
> results are different depending on the used environment (JDK, OS), so that
> the test fails from time to time without a good reason.

I thought you might say that, I’ll have a think about possible solutions - not easy. I'll
open a new issue for this at some point in the future.

-- John

On 5 Jan 2014, at 13:25, Andreas Lehmkuehler <andreas@lehmi.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.01.2014 19:54, schrieb John Hewson:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I’d like to bring https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-1825 to the attention
of the mailing list. I’ve noticed that many PDFBox unit tests are never run due to what
appears to be an out-of-date AllTests.java being used instead of the usual Maven mechanism
for running any file name Test**.java There is a patch attached to the issue to fix this.

>> Does anyone know the story behind AllTests.java, is it a pre-Maven legacy file which
should have been removed?
> Yes, it's pre-maven and yes, we should remove it if it's no longer needed.
>
>> Furthermore, what is the goal for regression testing? It would seem that having more
A-B tests for PDFToImage would be a good thing but currently none of these tests are run.