pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: 1.7 release?
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 10:14:02 GMT
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Timo Boehme <timo.boehme@ontochem.com> wrote:

> In my opinion there are already a number of improvements in current trunk
> compared to 1.6

+1

> and there is no reason to not release another 1.8 before
> PDFBOX-1000 is really ready. As I see it we should bump the version to 2.0
> if PDFBOX-1000 finally lands.
> Thus I would vote for only adding stuff already in pipeline and bug fixes in
> order to do a release in the next few weeks.

+1

In general releasing should not have to wait for patches to be
committed, and release time isn't the time to suddenly commit a bunch
of last minute patches.  It should rather be the reverse: right after
a release is when you should commit the big changes; this way they
have the most time to "bake" (uncovering issues) in trunk.

It's best if what's committed is always kept in a releasable state;
this way on any given morning someone could wake up and cut a release
candidate.

If there are truly blocker bugs then they should be marked that way in Jira...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Mime
View raw message