pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Tharaka Nayanajith Wijebandara <tharaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox Project for GSoC 2012
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:04:43 GMT
Hi,

Thanks everyone for your valuable ideas and comments.

It seems most of you like to enhancing PDFReader project. Specially I
prefer Jeremias' idea, develop application which allow user to access
PDFBox features through the GUI and PDF viewer with integrated PDF
Debugger. In my opinion it will be very much useful tool for users as well
as developers rather than just another PDF reader. So I would like to
continue with this project. However, since there are several ways to
enhance PDFReader, we have to define the scope of the project according to
priority in next few days.

Additionally I want to mention another thing here. As my experience current
PDFReader is also not very much reliable and not working smoothly. I still
can't understand that whether it is problem of code of PDFReader or PDFBox
core. Anyway I think that it's better if we can consider also this in the
project, if it's not some issue in PDFBox core.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Tharaka Wijebandara,