pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Timo Boehme <timo.boe...@ontochem.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox Project for GSoC 2012
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:39:44 GMT
Hi,

Am 18.03.2012 03:16, schrieb Tharaka Nayanajith Wijebandara:
> I have two ideas for a GSoC task, but need all of your help to select
> suitable one.
>

>     - One project is HTML to PDF and vise versa converter. ...
>
>     - Other one is enhancing features of PDF reader and zooming features,
>     page display features, bookmark navigator, page thumbnail viewer can be
>     very much useful. Since I have previous experience in awt, swing and
>     java2d, it will be easy for me.

I also like the proposal for an enhancement of the PDF reader/viewer.
Especially for a GSoC project it is preferable to have clear (viewable)
results in the end.
 From a PDFBOX developer point of view it would also be nice to add some
PDF debugging features to the viewer like providing object ids, font
information etc. when hovering over text/image.

Kind regards,

Timo

--

  Timo Boehme