pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Antoni Mylka <antoni_my...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Test documents
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:46:05 GMT
Hi,

I tried investigating PDFBOX-1075, discovered that it's related to a fix
applied to PDFBOX-1010, but the earlier fix did not come with a unit
test and I had to download a doc from directly from the JIRA to see if
my fix didn't break the earlier one.

Is this because pdfbox is liberal (don't require unit tests, keep the
barriers to patches low), or conservative (copyright on the pdfs is
tricky, don't commit them)? Is there any "official" policy?

I do much of my text-extraction regression testing on the "govdocs1"
dataset [1,2,3,4]. There are on the order of 300 thousand PDFs in there.
All have been downloaded from public-facing websites owned by some US
Government organization. They are all public, yet the copyright cannot
be transferred to ASF. Are they OK?

Antoni Myłka
antoni.mylka@gmail.com

Short description:
[1] http://digitalcorpora.org/corpora/files
Longer description:
[2] http://www.dfrws.org/2009/proceedings/p2-garfinkel.pdf
A million documents:
[3] http://domex.nps.edu/corp/files/govdocs1/
A million documents packaged into 1000 zip files
[4] http://domex.nps.edu/corp/files/govdocs1/zipfiles/