pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Apache PDFBox July 2011 board report due
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:23:18 GMT
Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. Any comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

Apache PDFBox is an open source Java PDF library for working with PDF documents.

General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

New committer and PMC member: Kevin Jackson

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the
community.

Releases
--------

- Apache PDFBox 1.6.0 was released on July 2, 2011

Development:
------------

Guillaume Bailleul, Eric Leleu, Germain Costenobel and their
employer ATOS Worldline donated the codebase of PaDaF a java-based
PDF/A validator to the ASF. As it is based on Apache PDFBox it will
be integrated to it as a new submodule.
The IP-Clearance process http://s.apache.org/QJa is managed by Andreas.

The development on the next release just started. We are currently
working on

- a new conforming parser
- improved true type font handling

Project Branding Requirements