pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Lehmkühler" <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Relation between COS and PD model
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:53:08 GMT
Hi,

Gesendet: Mi, 03. Mrz 2010
Von: Johannes Koch<johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>

> Hi,
>
> I wonder what the intended relation between the COS and the PD model is.
>
> Is the COS model the actual data model and the PD classes are only views
> on this data?
AFAIU yes

> Is the PD layer supposed to cache data (for performance issues)?
There may be some cases where data will be cached, but it wasn't intended.

> If data is changed via methods in the PD layer, how are these changes
> propagated to other PD objects? Do we need an observer mechanism for
> data changes?
I don't think so. Data changes should be writen to the COS model by the PD layer.

At [1] you will find a brief description of the relation between the COS and the PD model.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://pdfbox.apache.org/userguide/index.html