pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDFBox 1.0.0 release plan (Was: Schedule)
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 19:12:15 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Andreas Lehmkuehler <andreas@lehmi.de> wrote:
> I'm working on PDFBOX-542. It's divided in 2 parts (fontbox and pdfbox).
> I've already committed the fontbox part, the pdfbox part is ready by not
> committed. The question is how should I proceed?
>
> 1) checkin the pdfbox part, as the pdfbox hudson build doesn't build fontbox
> from svn, it will be broken until the next release

This is probably the best approach. In fact I just created a Hudson
build for the latest FontBox trunk (see [1]), and made it deploy the
resulting snapshot binaries to [2].

PS. The Hudson build revealed a Java 6 dependency in FontBox:

[INFO] Compilation failure
.../src/main/java/org/apache/fontbox/cff/CharStringRenderer.java:[122,12]
moveTo(float,float) in java.awt.geom.GeneralPath cannot be applied to
(double,double)
.../src/main/java/org/apache/fontbox/cff/CharStringRenderer.java:[129,12]
lineTo(float,float) in java.awt.geom.GeneralPath cannot be applied to
(double,double)

For now I made the Hudson build use Java 6 to get around this issue,
but we should fix that before the release.

[1] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/FontBox-trunk/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/fontbox/1.0-SNAPSHOT/

BR,

Jukka Zitting