pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox report due
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 14:35:45 GMT
Hi all,

here is my first attempt for the needed report. Please have a look at
it. What do I have to do with it, if it is o.k.? Put it the incubator
wiki or mail it to some list?

<draft>
Apache PDFBox is an open source Java library for working with PDF
documents. PDFBox entered incubation on February 7th, 2008.

The PDFBox project continues doing well. Perhaps due to to the summer
break, the development activities stuck a little bit, but the community
itself is growing.

A problem was detected with the naming of the previously released
FontBox and JempBox Maven artifacts. Project mentor Jukka Zitting worked
around this issue by copying the existing release artifacts to match the
Maven metadata (0.8.0-incubator instead of 0.8.0-incubating). It was
noted that even though a new release vote wasn't strictly necessary for
such an action, it should have been done only based on community
consensus.

After solving most of the remaining blockers found during the license
review we will likely soon make a release of the main PDFBox library.
PDFBox will soon be ready to graduate from the Incubator.

Issues before graduation:

* Closing the last recently resolved legal issues found during the
license review
* Release PDFBox 0.8.0-incubating
</draft>

Andreas Lehmkühler