pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Blockers for 0.8.0-incubating
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:05:20 GMT
Hi,

We have only two blocker issues keeping us from releasing 0.8.0-incubating:

LEGAL-36: CMaps for PDF CJK Fonts

We can include the CMap files in binary release artifacts, but they
should not be included in our svn or source releases. I was planning
of modifying the Ant build so that it picks up the CMaps from a
specified location (either by downloading from a URL or expecting the
user to have placed the files in a specific subfolder) and bundles
them in the resulting binary jar.

PDFBOX-391: Remove or replace troublesome test files

We should not distribute test files of unknown licensing status, but
it would still be nice to have some way to keep using our existing
tests at least internally. My plan is to package all the troublesome
test files in a zip file that we just keep around somewhere (outside
our svn) for use by interested developers and the Hudson CI build. We
can modify the Ant build to automatically pick up and run tests from
such a zip file.

PS. Note that before 0.8.0-incubating we also need to release FontBox
and JempBox, as current PDFBox trunk depends on snapshot versions of
those libraries.

BR,

Jukka Zitting