pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Carrier <carr...@digital-evidence.org>
Subject Re: Blockers for 0.8.0-incubating
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:53:07 GMT

On Feb 9, 2009, at 5:05 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have only two blocker issues keeping us from releasing 0.8.0-
> incubating:

> PDFBOX-391: Remove or replace troublesome test files
>
> We should not distribute test files of unknown licensing status, but
> it would still be nice to have some way to keep using our existing
> tests at least internally. My plan is to package all the troublesome
> test files in a zip file that we just keep around somewhere (outside
> our svn) for use by interested developers and the Hudson CI build. We
> can modify the Ant build to automatically pick up and run tests from
> such a zip file.

We previously discussed an approach of having a 'input-ext' directory
where external tests could be stored and the test suite would test
for the existence of this folder and process it if it exists.  I have
code that does this, but wanted to verify that was still the plan
before I commit it. Note that the 'input' folder seems to apply only
to the text extraction tests. I'm not sure if we would need to do
similar things with the 'pdfparser' and 'pdfreader' folders.

brian