pdfbox-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Lehmkühler" <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject AW: Blockers for 0.8.0-incubating
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:09:23 GMT
> LEGAL-36: CMaps for PDF CJK Fonts
>
> We can include the CMap files in binary release artifacts,
> but they should not be included in our svn or source
> releases. I was planning of modifying the Ant build so that
> it picks up the CMaps from a specified location (either by
> downloading from a URL or expecting the user to have placed
> the files in a specific subfolder) and bundles them in the
> resulting binary jar.
I prefer the download+bundling alternative. Obviously there are many
users in the asian area, so that the CMaps are quite important. I guess
it will be easier for us to bundle the CMaps with our releases on our own,
than to expect that the user will do that. And finally it will prevent us
from a certain amount of help emails, concerning missing CJK-Mappings.

> PS. Note that before 0.8.0-incubating we also need to release
> FontBox and JempBox, as current PDFBox trunk depends on
> snapshot versions of those libraries.
What do we have to do to release those libraries? I'd like to help at
this point, perhaps as an exercise for the pdfbox-release itself.

Andreas Lehmkühler