pagespeed-dev mailing list archives

From Otto van der Schaaf <osch...@we-amp.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc5
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2020 08:08:43 GMT
re: evil tarball
It's possible to add a directory

re: wip notes
Yes those reflect the current state, those have been added based on
feedback from earlier RC's, to unblock a first release.
Concretely, the WIP notes look like:

- The code base appears to contain MPL licensed source code, this is not
allowed as it’s category B.
  This is OK if these are dependencies and not included, this needs to be
double checked.
- The release contains some compiled code pulled in from dependencies.
- The release contains cryptography [6]. No export license has been
obtained for this?
- Image used in tests / examples need to be double checked to verify
licensing complies with ASF policy
  and replaced if/where needed.
- There are files without the ASF headers. These need to be checked, and
the ASF license headers
  needs to be added where needed.

The current release flattens the dependency source code tree, in an attempt
to make the build process faster and easier for consumers.
I believe that some of the WIP issues be resolved by switching  the release
procedure to just tagging a release in git(hub).

Otto