orc-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRAFT][REPORT] ORC Board report for October 2019
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 20:20:59 GMT
The mission of ORC is the creation and maintenance of software related to
the
smallest, fastest columnar storage for Hadoop workloads

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache ORC was founded 2015-04-21 (4 years ago)
There are currently 41 committers and 10 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Gang Wu on 2019-01-16.
- No new committers. Last addition was Renat Valiullin on 2019-06-19.

## Project Activity:
- ORC 1.6.0 was released on 2019-09-04.
- Talks on ORC column encryption at:
  - ApacheCon NA 2019
  - Strata NYC 2019
- We should release new bug fix releases on the 1.5 and 1.6 lines in the
  coming week.

## Community Health:
- The project has been relatively quiet this quarter as users start
  testing out the new 1.6 release.
- Some new contributors have been submitting patches and we are tracking
  their performance as potential committers.