orc-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Shall we release ORC 1.5.6rc1?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2019 05:06:27 GMT
Thank you, Owen.

Yes, I know that ORC-498 resolved the two NN operations issue and the code
is directly related to this area.

First of all, I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-525 for the
observed situation as a `Major` issue (not a blocker).

I built/installed/tested new ORC with OracleJDK8/AdoptOpenJDK8 on two
MacBooks multiple times.
(and AdoptOpenJDK11 additionally)

The failure consistently happens with Apache Spark master(3.0.0) at
`SQLQuerySuite`.

Interestingly, the corresponding test suite in Apache Spark
branch-2.4(2.4.4) doesn't fail consistently.

Instead, ORC 1.5.6 might reopen the flaky issue (SPARK-26427: closed with
ORC 1.5.4) instead at `branch-2.4`.

Bests,
Dongjoon.