orc-dev mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sub-classing implementation classes(e.g., ReaderImpl)
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 15:57:34 GMT
Inheritance, especially in C++ is very hard to maintain compatibility across versions.

Based on my experience on the Java side with LLAP, I’d suggest adding an optional cache
manager than can be supplied to the reader. As Deepak says, there is already an interface
for passing in the file tail. I’d suspect that we should have an API to supply a cache (memory
or local file based) for:

* file footer & tail
* stripe footers
* stripe statistics