orc-dev mailing list archives

From naveen mahadevuni <nmahadev...@gmail.com>
Subject Sub-classing implementation classes(e.g., ReaderImpl)
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 12:12:01 GMT
Hi,

We are using ORC C++ API. We would like to be able to sub-class the ORC
implementation classes such as ReaderImpl, StatisticsImpl,
StripeInformationImpl... The reason being, when ORC files are stored on a
cloud store such as S3, we would like to have the metadata/statistics
stored on a file on local disk and create wrapper implementation classes
which read metadata/statistics from locally stored file and delegates only
the data stream reads to the cloud store.

Will there be any problems if these implementation classes are published?

Thanks,
Naveen